Thursday, June 3, 2010

Yep, I'm embracing my "Boymom" role!

I knew it was just a matter of time before having boys was going to change me. Not sure when exactly it happened, but I seem to be doing things that surprise even myself!

We were on our way to Maddox and Brennen's baseball game one Saturday morning, when at the end of the cul-de-sac, I spotted something. I thought it might be a turtle. Now old Lisa would have driven right on by, just happy that it wasn't in the road. But new Lisa slowed the van down to get a better look and to point it out to the boys.

The boys just had to have a picture of the turtle so that they could show it to Grandma. So I took this picture. However, they thought that was just from too far away, so Bob got out and took a couple more. (I haven't completely lost my anti-"things that aren't furry" edge!)

This turtle was absolutely huge. At least a lot bigger than what I've ever seen.

He had little spikes going down his really long tail. So weird!

Luckily he was gone by the time we made it home. I was SO afraid that we were going to have the, "Can we keep him" discussion. Although, if it meant I could get rid of the dog, I'd gladly have taken him in!!

No comments: