Thursday, June 3, 2010

Where does the time go?

Some parents hate the first day of school. That is not me at all. Not that I love it, because I really do enjoy having the kids home with me. (Again, I'm not saying that there are days during the summer that I don't wish there were fabulous teachers that I could send my children to, guilt-free!) But the toughest day for me is at the end of the school year. It's at that time that it just feels like my babies are growing up SO quickly.

Well, the last day came again. The boys were excited and I cried. I sent them out the door as a Kindergartner and 2nd grader, and they came back to my as a 1st grader and a 3rd grader! I know, a little dramatic, but that's me!

I cannot believe that Caden is going to be in 3rd grade next year! It feels like he just started school.

Here is my new 1st grader!


Then at the end of the day, I met them at the end of the street as they got off the bus for the last time.
Maddox getting off the bus. He was so happy!

And here comes Caden!!
It was a great school year. The boys both did great and had a wonderful school year. We have been blessed every year to have the most amazing teachers. I think that is another reason why I have such a difficult time with the end of the school year. I love our teachers!! (Oh, and I don't do well with change!!)

No comments: