Friday, October 23, 2009

H1N1 and Us!

Well, it actually happened.

Anybody who knows me knows that I am probably a borderline germaphobe. So when the swine flu started going around, it immediately put me on edge. I started carrying tons of hand sanitizer, keeping the boys away from water fountains, and constantly feeling cheeks for fevers. Despite all of my precautions, this week Maddox came down with it. Talk about one of my worst nightmares coming true! I know to some that it may seem like I'm a little dramatic. However, I take my kids getting sick very seriously. I get down when they contract a cold. I wish that I could be one of those, "Oh it just builds up immunities," kind of people, but I'm not. I'm a worrier.

He has been running a fever pretty much non-stop since Monday afternoon. It's been as high as 104.2, but lately has been down to only 104.0! I took him to the doctor on Wednesday and she said that his fever should be gone by today. However it is not. It's still 104 once the Motrin wears off. She said that if that was the case, then she wanted to see him today to make sure that there's not any kind of secondary infection going on as well. He's so wore down and says that his head hurts a lot. We're waiting to hear back from the doctor and possibly get him in again today.

Thank you for all of the prayers for Maddox and our family. Please continue to pray for his health and the health of the rest of us as well. So far nobody else is showing any signs of this, but we've been told it could take 4-6 for it to take hold. So we'll see. I'll try to update again after we go to the doctor.

No comments: