Saturday, May 21, 2011

Down on the farm...

The Director at Brennen's preschool has a farm. Every year she invites the preschool classes to come out and feed the cows, play in the barn, climb on tractors, and enjoy all of the wonders a farm has for small children. Notice that I said all the wonders for a "small child"! This is because I do not care for this field trip at all! Anybody who knows me knows that I am not big into the great outdoors. So spending time outside, with stinky farm animals, in the mud, and cold, is not my idea of a great time. However, I do it, because that's what mom's do!
We got to dish up cups of nasty stuff to feed the cows. Ella would get cup fulls, but then was too afraid of the cows to dump it into their troughs, so I got to do it for her. Yay me!

Preston and Brennen loved every minute of it!



It turns out that cows eat ALOT!


Preston...still feeding!

I was thinking that maybe there was something to be said for the simplicity of just dumping food into a giant metal bin and letting the animals all gather around for their share. If only I could figure out a way to implement this at home, without having to hear, "Caden shoved me!" or, "Brennen ate more than I did!"


After the cows were fed, we headed to the barn to play int he hay bails that were up in the left. Again, I do not care for heights and the only up in the loft is an 80 year old narrow ladder. More fun for me!!

Here is a quick shot of Brennen's class!


Alas, I can say I survived another farm field trip. Only 4 more to go! :-\

No comments: