Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My littlest man turns 3!!

I remember the day that I found out that I was pregnant with Preston. It was 6 months earlier than what was in my plan. But, after coming to grips with the idea that our daughter would be joining our family 6 months early, I was good. Then came the ultrasound day where the technician said, "It's a boy!" Again, this took some "coming to grips" time! However, I should have known that God had a plan for that little guy and still does.

Preston is still the little boy that continually surprises me. You just never know what that kid is going to do. He's a super sweet little guy and incredibly sneaky too! I am thrilled that God granted me a surprise that I had no idea that I even needed in my life until he arrived!

Preston turned 3 last Friday. We gave him some gifts from us that evening. We were finishing up potty training, and I knew Preston needed to go poop, so he has no bottoms on. (Don't judge. This is how I've trained all of the boys and it's worked. They've all gotten trained within about a week's time span!) Every picture we took had to have the gift strategically placed!

Wii game that his brothers will end up probably taking over. But he's happy!
Super cute monkey pj's!

His new Tag Junior. This is great and Preston loves it. He loves to sit and "read" books, so this was a perfect gift for him!

We let Preston pick what he wanted that night for dinner and for a special birthday treat. He picked hot dogs and chips for dinner and no-bake cookies for dessert. Here is his with dessert!


Yummy!!

We had his birthday party the next day at the skating rink. He picked a Toy Story cake and cupcakes. It turned out SO great!

Here he is ready to skate!

I love those baby blues!!

Here is Ainsley ready to skate. She didn't love skating!!

Lily and KayLynn. Preston sure had some pretty girls at his party!!

Brennen was waiting for somebody to come tighten his skates. He looked so cute out there. As you can imagine, he's a very cautious skater!

Everett was just patiently taking it all in. He's getting ready to have his very first birthday in just a few weeks! Such a cutie!!

I like this picture of Caden. I think he's finally starting to get past his Chandler Bing picture taking phase!

Here is Preston's partner in crime, Taegan. Together they are the cutest pair of troublemakers you've ever seen!

Time for cake!!

I'll huff, and I'll puff...

Preston had a wonderful ability to smile only when I'm not taking a picture. Here he is with his Zhu Zhu pet stuff from Grandma and Grandpa. He plays with them so much!

Buzz Lightyear from the Engels

They also got him this take apart dump truck. Sometimes Caden lets Preston play with it too!

Aunt Kim and Uncle Shawn got him his pillow pet. This made his day, and has now helped give me a Christmas idea for the other kids!

Go Fish game from the Nelson family

The Hall's got him a Buzz Lightyear Mr. Potato Head. Can you see a theme here?!

Nana and Papa got him this kicking Bullseye and Woody. Preston makes Bullseye kick Woody. Like I said, he's a constant surprise!

Skating with friends!

KayLynn, Lily, and Preston

Maddox and Lauren skating

Caden's down!

Preston's wobbling...

...and now he's down!

Such a good friend to help pick him up!!

Maddox after a trip down to the floor!

Having fun skating!

All the cute little skaters!

My favorite picture of the night!

Happy 3rd Birthday Preston!!! Mommy and Daddy love you more than words can say!!

No comments: