Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Beautiful day at the pumpkin patch!

One of the best parts of my job, is that I get to go with the kids on the field trips that they take with the preschool. This was Brennen's field trip to the pumpkin patch. We went to Gary's Pumpkins, formerly Gary's Berries. There is a lot of fun things to do, like hayrack rides, pumpkin picking, and a playground.

Here are my three little pumpkins!!
I do not know what it is about Brennen and Preston, but it is physically impossible to get a picture of them both looking at the camera and not making some kind of odd face!

See what I mean!!
Here they are both in the picture at least!
This one's a little better!
I have no pictures of the actual hayrack ride or pumpkin picking as I had a one year old on my lap at the time of the hayrack ride, and had to carry said one year old through the patch and help 2 children pick a pumpkin at the same time. A pumpkin patch is a lot like a giant obstacle course filled with dirt, vines, and an occasional orange fruit you have to keep your eyes peeled for. It's a little sad that the actual pumpkin picking was the least enjoyable part of the trip. At least for me it was. The boys had a great time pointing to the ones that they wanted while I hurt my hands and got them filthy picking their pumpkins. And the little princess I toted under the other arm, seemed to thoroughly enjoy herself as well!!

After pumpkin picking, the class assembled for a picture. Here they all are.

Brennen trying to see how tall he is. He's growing fast!

Here is Ella. She was happy to be allowed to have free reign. Isn't she cute in her "Boo-tiful" shirt?!

Last up was the corn pit. The boys loved this. I did not love how much corn I found in my van the following couple of days!

It's so hard to believe that this is his last preschool pumpkin patch trip. My little man is growing up so fast!

No comments: