Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My Teddy Bear


As I mentioned in my first post, Brennen is just like a cuddly bear. He is the sweetest little boy I've ever met. I just have to share a story from our time at the mall today. Maddox is battling a little cold. The child refuses to blow his nose and instead seems to think that if he just keeps sniffing all the congestion back up into his head, it will magically evaporate. We've gone around and around about this, but that's beside the point. Brennen heard his big brothing sniffling like he does and went up to him and very gently asked, "Are you alright Maddox?" Now I know that this may not seem so incredibly sweet to some of you, but for a child that just turned 2 1/2, I was impressed. (Not to mention that there is not a lot of "brotherly love" in our house as of late!) Maddox just looked at him and shyed away. A little while later there was another incident that followed this exactly same path. However this time when Maddox shyed away, Brennen gently put his hand on Maddox's chest, got close so that he was looking Maddox in the eyes, and said, "I love you, Maddox." Talk about melting Mommy's heart. The boy could have gotten anything he wanted from me at that point.


Also today while we were running one of Mommy's many errands at the grocery store, Brennen proved he is also going to try his hand at comedy. He asked me, "Mommy, why'd the chicken cross the road?" I said I didn't know, really wondering where a two-year old was going to go with this. He answered, "He crossed the road to use his legs." Probably not cable worthy, but it made me laugh!

No comments: