Monday, August 3, 2009

I Love My "Kids"

As the hours tick down to when we finally get to meet our daughter, I find this to actually be a little exciting and sad at the same time. Don't get me wrong, I am so excited to experience raising a little girl. But at the same time, I've come to love my role as a "Boy Mom." I remember back to the day we were told that Caden was a boy. I hate to admit that I cried for days. I recall saying to Bob, "What am I going to do with a boy?" Well, I quickly found out -I would love him terribly. With each son came a fear that I may never get to experience the mother/daughter relationship. However, I also learned that I had such special relationships with my sons. No, they aren't necessarily the same that I expect to share with Ella, but wonderful and special in their own right. I love that they have an innate desire to want to protect and serve me, which will one day be showered upon four wonderful young ladies. I love that I get to help raise up these boys to be strong Christian men. The Lord has bestowed such on honor to me as to make me responsible for helping shape the lives of these four boys who will someday be the leaders in their homes. WOW! What a blessing!

So, I just ask for prayer for our transitioning family. Tomorrow is when our house of blue officially gets its splash of pink. I will move from Boy Mom to Boy/Girl Mom, and we will now have "the kids" instead of "the boys"!

I will update as soon as we get home with pictures of our beautiful baby girl!!

3 comments:

Ashley Dial said...

That post kind of got me teary eyed!! Well I am guessing that Ella will be more than a splash of pink :) Good Luck tomorrow and I can't wait to see pictures.

Anissa Engel said...

We will be praying for you tomorrow. And don't worry about being a mom of boys and girls. You will be a great "girl mom" just like you are a great "boy mom". Ella will be the wonderful exclamation point to complete your family and before long you will look back and won't be able to figure out how you never had that "splash of pink" in your house!!

Abbey Steinbrink said...

I used to work with Bob at PSS, and I have to say that from what I know of him, Ella is coming into an amazing family! I'm keeping you all in my prayers today, and can't wait to see some of the pictures!