Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Sneak Peek into Ella's Room

We have been hard at work on Ella's room as of late. First we had to move Preston in with his brothers. Surprisingly, this went SO much easier than I'd ever guess it would have. After this, we got started on making this a little girl's nursery. We painted the walls a color called, Pale Petal Pink. I know that some of you are thinking, "Ugh, pink?" But after you've done 4 boy nurseries and have had the color pink off limits, you find yourself longing for the slightest bit of pink! It's a good thing that we were definitely settled on the pink color, because it took 6 coats of paint to cover the blue. It was a lot of hard work. More work for my mom and Bob than me, but I did carry out a lot of management duties!

Here is the room when it was Preston's.



It was such a fun, sweet little room for him. It looks TOTALLY different now though!

Here are some preliminary pictures of Ella's room:







There's still a lot to be done. I ordered an Uppercase Living expression to go on the big wall by her bed. We have a shelf to paint, chandelier to hang and other wall items to finish off the room. I bought an antique christening gown to hang up on a peg and have also gotten her very first porcelain doll to adorn the shelf. I will post more pictures once it's complete. I was just too excited to not share my daughter's room with everyone. (It's so much fun to say, "My Daughter!")





2 comments:

Brett & Cherie Garrett said...

Absolutely adorable, Lisa! I love the white furniture! I can't wait to see the finished product! =)

Laura Fluke said...

I am so glad you are getting to use pink!!! I love it! Your room is adorable and that little girl is going to give you a run for your money!!! =) It really looks great!